Vegetable Manchurian Dry is an Indo-Chinese starter/appetizer. This recipe shows how you can make restaurant style Vegetable Manchurian at home.
- 250 gm cabbage
- 1/2 Cup cornflour
- 1/2 Cup Maida
- 1/4 Cup carrots
- 1 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 Tsp red food color
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 Medium finely chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1 Tsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornflour + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- 1 Tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Small sliced green chili
- 1/4 Cup water
- Some oil
To make the Manchurian balls:
- Coarsely grind 1/4 cup carrots using pulse mode of your mixer grinder. Alternatively you can grate it using a grater.
- Similarly, coarsely grind 250 gm cabbage. You can roughly chop the cabbage before grinding to ease the process.
- Mix carrots and cabbage in a bowl followed by 1/2 cup corn flour, 1/2 cup maida, 1 tsp crushed black pepper, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, a pinch of red food color (completely optional – you can use my recipe of homemade food color to make red color at home) and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well to form a mixture of soft consistency. You can adjust the quantity of cornflour and maida to get the required consistency.
- Heat some oil and add drop Manchurian balls and fry them. Keep flipping them in between till they become golden in color.
To make the gravy:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil and add 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Now add 1 medium sized finely chopped onion. Again sauté this for a few seconds; do not overcook these ingredients.
- Add 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots, 1 small chopped green chilli, 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum and stir fry.
- Add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Mix well and add salt to taste followed by 1 tsp vinegar, slurry (1 tbsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water). Keep stirring the sauce till it thickens.
- Add the fried Manchurian balls and some chopped spring onion to the sauce and mix well to coat each ball with the sauce. Your delicious Indo-Chinese style vegetable Manchurian is ready. Enjoy!