Vegetable Manchow soup is one of the Indo-Chinese soups and is very popular in India. A lot of vegetables which go in this soup make it healthier as well! Enjoy a bowlful of this yummy Veg Manchow soup anywhere any season 🙂
- Some boiled noodles (Hakka or any other noodles)
- Some Oil – Around 2 tbsp
- 1/4 Cup chopped Spring Onion’s white portion
- 1 Tbsp sliced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped French beans
- 1/4 Cup chopped Spring onion – green portion
- 1 Small green chili – chopped
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Tsp red chili powder
- 3 Cups of water
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tsp vinegar – Using white vinegar
- 1 Maggi Veg Cube (Veg stock cube)
- 3 Tbsp cornflour mixed in 2 Tbsp water
- Salt to taste
To Fry the Noodles:
- Take some noodles ( Hakka or any variety noodles will do) and boil them and then strain.
- Once they cool, fry them till they become crisp. Alternatively, ready made fried noodles can also be used. We will use them to top the soup at the end.
To Make the Soup:
- Take a pan and heat 2 Tbsp oil.
- Once the oil heats, add 1/4 cup coarsely chopped spring onion’s white part. Sauté this for a min or so.
- Add 1 Tbsp sliced garlic, 1 Tbsp ginger paste and sauté this for a min.
- Add 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots. Sauté these for a min making sure not to overcook them.
- Add little bit of salt and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup finely chopped french beans. Similar to carrots, make sure not to overcook them.
- Add 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion’s green portion and sauté for a min.
- Add 1 small chopped green chili and 1/2 cup thinly slices cabbage and give it a mix. Followed by 1 Tsp crushed black pepper, 1 Tsp red chili powder and mix it well with the vegetables.
- Add 3 cup water to the vegetables and give it a good mix.
- Add 2 Tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 Tsp white vinegar.
- Take 1 Maggi vegetable stock cube, crush it in the pack and add it to the soup. This acts as substitute for vegetable stock. Alternatively, you can use 3 cup vegetable stock instead of 3 cup water added earlier.
- Add 3 Tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 Tbsp water. Constantly stir the soup while adding the cornflour slurry.
- Add salt to taste. Adjust the quantity of salt as we have used soy sauce and Maggie vegetable cube and both these have some salt content.
- Simmer the soup till it thicken as per your taste.
- Serve it piping hot in a bowl topped with the fried noodles. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 125.00
Price: Out of stock
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 378.00Was: INR 520.00
Price: INR 197.00
Price: INR 299.00Was: INR 598.00