Vegetable Hakka Noodles is a popular Indo-Chinese preparation. In this recipe, I’ve shown how to make noodles from scratch at home using maida (all-purpose flour). You can also take all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour in the ratio of 1:1 OR you can use hakka noodles available in market.
To make noodles:
- 1 Cup plain flour (maida)
- Some water to make noodle dough
- Salt to taste
Note: Instead of making noodles at home, you can also use 200 gm pack of readymade hakka noodls
To make hakka noodles:
- 2 Medium sized thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced (julienne) carrots
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced cabbage
- Water to boil noodles
- Some more plain flour or maida to roll noodle dough
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced (julienne) capsicum
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 5” chopped ginger
- 1 Finely chopped green chilli
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp red chili powder or red chili sauce
- 1 Tsp vinegar
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
To make the noodles:
- Take 1 cup plain flour (maida) in a bowl, add some salt and make a stiff dough by adding water as required.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let it rest for 5 min.
- After 5 min knead the dough again for a min. Take half of the dough and roll it in a thin oblong sheet. Fold the sheet twice or thrice along the shorter side. Dust the sheet with maida after every fold. This would look like a flat roll.
- Now cut this sheet into thin strips using a knife OR alternatively, you can roll the dough and cut in into noodles using pasta machine as shown in the video.
- Now, boil some water & add salt and 1 tsp oil to it. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for a min or two. If you are using readymade dried noodles or homemade dried noodles, boil them till they are done.
- Strain the noodles using a strainer and put them in cold water to stop further cooking and again strain. Put some oil and keep these noodles aside.
To stir fry the noodles:
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai or a wok and add 2 medium size sliced onions. Sauté for a min on high flame.
- Add 1.5 inch chopped ginger, 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic,1 finely chopped green chilli. Sauté for a min.
- In goes, 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots. After a min or two, add 1/2 cup thinly sliced capsicum followed by 1/2 cup thinly sliced cabbage. Again sauté for a min on high flame.
- Add boiled noodles followed by 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp white vinegar and some salt to taste. Mix everything well and stir fry for a min.
- Serve these noodles piping hot and Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 6,490.00Was: INR 7,500.00
Price: INR 1,279.00Was: INR 1,300.00