Two ingredients is all you need to make this delicious strawberry jam. Best thing is that this is free from any preservative! Enjoy
- 800 gm strawberry
- 500 gm sugar
- Take 800 gm washed and dried fresh strawberries and chop off their heads.
- Now chop all the strawberries into small pieces using a knife or a chopper/knife.
- Transfer the chopped strawberries to a non stick or a thick bottom pan and add 500 gm sugar to it. Mix it well and make sure that the flame is not on yet.
- Turn on the flame and cook on low flame till sugar dissolves completely.
- Set the flame to medium and cook the mixture for 25-30 min.
- After approx. 15 min of cooking; a layer of froth will show up on top, remove it using a spoon.
- To check the required consistency, add small amount of jam on a plate and let it cool. Tilt the plate and ensure that the jam does not flow.
- Once the jam reaches this stage, turn off the flame and let the jam cool to room temperature. Jam will thicken a bit as it cools.
- Store this jam in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator and this should stay good for 6 months. Enjoy!