To all the Vegetarians and Non Vegetarians out there! Here is the recipe of Smokey Soya Seekh Kabab which you would fall in love with once you try them!!
- 100 gm Soya chunks
- 2 Medium sized boiled potatoes
- ¼ Cup grated carrot
- ¼ Tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 Tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ Tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp roasted chana daal (Gram) powder
- ½ Tsp chaat masala
- 2 Tbsp cashew nut powder
- ½ Tsp jeera powder
- ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp coarsely ground green chili
- ½ Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Medium sized sliced onion
- Salt to taste
To make kabab mixture:
- Take 100 gm soya chunks and soak them in hot water for 40 min. Squeeze out all the water after 40 min of soaking.
- Coarsely mince these chunks using mixer grinder.
- Now, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 medium size slices onion. Sauté the onions till they become golden in color.
- Add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and sauté for a min.
- Add 1/2 tsp coarsely ground green chili and 1/4 cup grated carrots. Again sauté for a min.
- Mix the minced soya with the masala and cook for 2 min. Take it out of the pan and let it come to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder, 2 tbsp roasted chana daal powder, 2 tbsp cashew nut powder, 2 medium sized boiled potatoes and some salt to taste. Give a good mix till everything is well combined.
To make the kababs:
- Take a skewer and bind a small portion of the mixture. Similarly, make other seekh kababs.
- To fry these kababs, heat some oil on a skillet/tawa and place the kababs once the oil heats up.
- Flip the kababs in between to cook them evenly from all the sides.
To give smokey flavor:
- Heat a small piece of coal till it is lit. Place this coal beside the kababs.
- Pour 1 tbsp ghee on the coal and cover the coal and kababs with a big bowl. Let it smoke for around 2-3 min.
- The smokey soya seekh kababs are now done. Serve these with some green chutney. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in