Soya Keema Matar, an easy vegetarian keema made with soya chunks served liked Durban’s popular Bunny Chow. Do give this recipe a try! Enjoy!
- 1 & 1/2 Cup boiled soya chunks (boiled for 2-3 minutes )
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 Small bay leaf, 3 cloves, 1 star anise, a pinch of green cardamom powder &small piece of cinnamon
- 2 Medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Tsp red chili powder
- 2 Medium sized tomatoes – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- Some chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Bread loaf
- Salt to taste
- Boil 1 & 1/2 cup soya chunks for 2-3 min and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, squeeze out water from the chunks and coarse mince them using a mixer grinder.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 small bay leaf, 3 cloves, 1 star anise, pinch of green cardamom powder, a small piece of cinnamon and 2 medium size onions finely chopped. Sauté these till onion becomes translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and sauté for a min.
- Add 1/8 tsp turmeric powder followed by 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper, 1 tsp red chili powder and roast them for a min or so.
- Now, add 2 medium sized finely chopped tomatoes and water squeezed out of soya chunks. Cover and cook these till tomatoes become soft.
- Once done, add 1/2 cup fresh green peas and some salt. Cover this till peas are cooked.
- Add soya keema/mince to the masala, adjust the salt as per taste. Mix it well and cook for a min.
- Garnish it with some fresh chopped coriander and some ghee.
- Soya keema can now be served with your choice of bread.
- I am serving this in a bunny chow style. To do so, cut the bread loaf in two pieces and cutout its inner part to make a cavity. Toast this bread on a pan and serve the keema in the bread cavity.
- Garnish this with some fresh coriander and Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 3,164.00Was: INR 4,395.00