Rava/ Sooji Toast is an easy breakfast/snack recipe which is loved by everyone specially kids. It turns out crisp and tasty! Tastes best when served with tomato ketchup or mint chutney!
- 4-5 Slices of bread (white/brown)
- 1 Medium sized finely chopped onion
- 2-3 Medium sized sliced mushrooms
- Some water
- 1 Small finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 Small finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 Cup fine sooji/rava
- 3 Tbsp fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 Small finely chopped capsicum
- 2 Tsp butter
- In a bowl, take 1/2 cup fine sooji/rava (semolina) and add 1 small finely chopped green chilli, 1 medium sized finely chopped onion,1 small finely chopped tomato, 1 small finely chopped capsicum, 3 tbsp fresh cream (you can also use the cream which collects at the top of milk at home) and some salt to taste.
- Make somewhat thick but spreadable paste of all ingredients by adding little water.
- Now, take 4-5 white/brown bread slices and spread an even layer of the some of this mixture over each slice. Top these with some capsicum and some sliced mushrooms or vegetable of your choice.
- Heat a tawa (skillet) and spread 2 tsp butter over it. Place the bread on tawa with batter side up and toast it crisp on medium flame.
- Once done, flip them and add butter if required. Cook till sooji/rava is cooked.
- Serve these crisp sooji/rava toasts with tomato ketchup or mint chutney. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in