Kaju katli is one of the popular Indian sweets. This recipe shows how you can make this Kaju Katli very quickly and with less number of ingredients. Follow the recipe and you’ll get the perfect Kaju Katli
- 1 & 1/2 Cups cashew nuts
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp icing sugar or finely powdered sugar
- 3-4 Drops of rose essence
- 6-7 Tsp water or milk
- Some ghee
- 1/2 Cup milk powder
- Some edible silver foil (wark) for garnishing – optional
- Take 1 & 1/2 cup cashews and grind them using a mixer grinder. Grind the cashews a little at a time. This will ensure that you don’t over grind the cashews because if that happens, cashews will lose oil.
- Add 1/2 cup milk powder and 1 cup + 2 tbsp icing sugar or regular finely powdered sugar to the cashew powder. Use a sieve while adding this to remove any lumps. Mix everything well but don’t overdo it.
- Now, add 3-4 drops of rose essence and mix well.
- Make a dough by gradually adding 6-7 tsp water or milk. Do not over knead it.
- Stick a butter paper or plastic sheet on a gable top and grease it with some ghee. Place the dough on it.
- Place another greased butter paper sheet on the dough and start rolling the it in to a thin sheet.
- Once done, gently place silver foil over rolled dough and cut it in to bite size diamond shapes.
- Kaju Katli is now ready. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in