Try out this Indian style prawns masala recipe and give your taste buds a zing!! You can eat it with roti, rice, rice bhakri, pav bread or any other bread of your choice.
- 200 gm prawns
- 2 Tsp cumin
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp coriander powder
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/4 Cup Kashmiri red chili paste (made by soaking whole chilies and the grinding to a fine paste)
- 1/2 Cup chopped tomatoes
- Some chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper powder
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Pour 3 tbsp oil to a heated pan.
- Add 2 tsp cumin and 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Sauté these for a min or two.
- Add 1 cup chopped onion and sauté them till they become golden brown.
- Once onions are done, add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 & 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder and mix them well.
- Add 1/4 cup Kashmiri red chili paste. To make this, boil some Kashmiri red chilies and grind them in a paste using a blender. This will give a beautiful red color to the dish and will not over power any other spices.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes to the masala. Mix everything well. Add a little water to the masala and cook it till the oil separates from the sides.
- After masala is cooked, add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, 1 & 1/2 tsp garam masala and salt to taste.
- Add 200 gm prawns to the masala and mix everything well. Add some coriander and cook it for 7-8 min till the prawns are done.
- Your prawn masala is now ready. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,190.00Was: INR 1,580.00
Price: INR 250.00Was: INR 499.00