This Pomfret Masala Tawa Fry is a Maharashtrian style Pomfret fry recipe. It’s spicy and delicious though you can adjust the amount of spice as per your taste.
- 200 gm Pomfret fish
- 5 Dried Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 Tsp black pepper corns
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 2 Tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 Tsp tamarind pulp
- 1/4 Cup dried coconut (grated or sliced)
- Juice from half lemon
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 4 Cloves
- Some oil for frying
- Dry roast 5 dried red Kashmiri chillies or bedhi chillies on a skillet (tawa) and take them out in a bowl.
- Similarly, dry roast 1 tsp black pepper corn, 1 tsp cumin and 4 cloves till cumin gets dark in color. Take this out in a bowl once done.
- Now dry roast 1/4 cup grated coconut on a medium flame till it becomes light brown in color.
- Grind all the dry roasted ingredients to a coarse powder and the add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp red chilli powder or as per taste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2-3 tsp tamarind pulp, some salt to taste, juice from half lemon, 10-12 fresh curry leaves and 2-3 tsp water. Grind everything in a smooth paste using a mixer grinder.
- Take a 200 gm whole Pomfret fish, cleaned and dried. Make some slits using a sharp knife on both sides.
- Rub a good amount of masala paste on the fish and make sure to fill all the cavities as well. Marinate the fish for 25-30 min in the refrigerator.
- After marination, heat 3-4 tbsp oil on a tawa or a non-stick pan and fry the fish on both sides for 3-4 min till it is well cooked.
- Serve this delicious fish with some fresh salad and Enjoy!