Pepper Chicken dry is easy to make and is hot and spicy. It can be eaten as a starter or with roti or any other type of bread.
- 500 gm chicken
- Some chopped fresh coriander
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp black pepper corns
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 6-7 Kashmiri or bedgi red chillies
- 1 Slit green chili
- 4 Medium sized sliced onions
- 1 Tsp ginger paste & 1 Tsp garlic paste
- 1 Tsp cumin (jeera)
- 10-12 Small curry leaves or less if leaves are big
- Salt to taste
- Some cooking oil
- Dry roast 6-7 Kashmiri or Bedgi dried red chillies and 1 & 1/2 tbsp black pepper separately for 2-3 min.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in the same pan and add 4 medium sized sliced onions. Sauté these till these become brown in color.
- Now, grind the roasted chillies and black pepper along with 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp coriander powder to a coarse powder.
- Take out the dry masala powder in a bowl and make a coarse paste of the fried onions in the same blender jar.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste followed by one slit green chilli and 8-10 curry leaves. Sauté for a min.
- Add 500 gm chicken. Fry this for a minute on medium to high flame.
- Now, add the masala powder and onion paste to the chicken followed by some salt to taste and little water.
- Mix this well and cook till chicken is cooked. You can add little water if chicken is drying up while cooking.
- Once the chicken is cooked, garnish it with some more curry leaves and chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with roti, chapati or choice of your bread. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in