Pasta in white sauce is an Italian recipe which is very popular in India. Try out this Indian style creamy and delicious white sauce pasta with your choice of pasta, Penne or any other. Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Penne or any other pasta
- 2 Tbsp maida (all purpose flour)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 3 Cheese slices
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 Cups of milk (Using full fat milk)
- 1 Tsp chopped garlic
- Total 1/2 Cup of chopped green, red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tsp oil
- Salt to taste
Steps For Boiling Pasta:
- Boil some water in a medium sized vessel and add some salt to it.
- Add 1 cup of pasta to the boiling water. I have used Penne pasta, but you can use your choice of pasta.
- Cook the pasta for around 7-10 min on a medium to high flame. Not very soft or very hard is the stage we are looking for.
- Drain the water using a sieve and run some cold water over the pasta to stop further cooking.
- Add 1 tsp oil and give it a mix and keep it aside.
Steps for Sauce:
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp butter. Once the butter heats up, add 1 tsp chopped garlic and sauté it for a min till garlic becomes light brown in color.
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms. You can replace mushrooms with corns or broccoli as per your choice.
- Add 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper. Give it a good mix and sauté till mushrooms are cooked.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped red, yellow and green bell peppers based on their availability. Sauté these for a min. Make sure not to overcook them.
- Add some salt to taste and cook it for a min. Keep it aside for now.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp butter.
- Add 2 tbsp maida or refined flour. Keep stirring and cook it for few min. Cook it till its raw taste is gone whilst no change in color.
- Add 2 cup full fat milk and keep stirring it to avoid any lumps in the sauce.
- Once the sauce comes to boil, add 3 cheese slices and give it a good stir. Cook the sauce till it thickens.
- Add 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper and mix it well.
- In goes, the cooked vegetables to the sauce and give it a stir.
- Add the boiled pasta to sauce now and mix it well such that it gets a nice coat of sauce.
- Taste the pasta and adjust the amount of salt as per your taste.
- Pasta is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Products from Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 779.00Was: INR 1,030.00
Price: INR 1,360.00Was: INR 1,580.00
Price: INR 199.00Was: INR 379.00
Price: INR 1,072.00Was: INR 1,420.00
Price: INR 165.00Was: INR 209.00