Nachos, also called as tortilla chips or corn chips go very well with cheese sauce. Now you can also make these at home very easily. To make a healthier version, you can bake these instead of deep frying. Pour the delicious warm cheese sauce over the crispy nachos and enjoy!
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 ½ Cup cornmeal (Makke ka atta)
- ½ Tsp crushed black pepper
- ½ Tsp oil
- Salt to taste
For Cheese Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Processed cheddar cheese cubes (40 gm) OR Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 Tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
Steps to Make Nachos:
- In a bowl, take 1 ½ cup corn meal (makke ka atta) and add 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida).
- Add 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper, 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp cooking oil and some salt to taste.
- Mix it well and make a medium soft dough by adding a little water at a time. You have to knead the dough for at least 2-3 min.
- Once the dough is ready, cover it and keep it aside for 10 min.
- After 10 min, take a small portion of the dough. Sprinkle some plain flour on a platform and start rolling it thin using a rolling pin. Your tortilla sheet is now ready.
- Cut this sheet in 6-8 equal triangular shapes using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Prick these nachos using a fork so that they don’t swell up while frying.
- Gently lift the nachos and drop them in hot oil. Fry them till they become crisp on low to medium flame. Once done, take them on a paper towel.
Steps to Make the Sauce:
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter melts, add 1 tbsp all purpose flour. Cook it for 2-3 min by constantly stirring it till the raw smell of all purpose flour goes off.
- Add little bit of turmeric powder to the sauce and sauté for few seconds.
- Add little bit of chili powder. You can skip this if you do not want add it.
- Add milk to the sauce and make sure that you continuously stir the sauce. Stirring would make sure no lumps are created in the sauce.
- Add 40 gm processed cheddar or sharp cheddar cheese and some salt to taste.
- Mix it well and cook it for few min till the sauce becomes thick.
- Switch off the flame and let the sauce become warm (not cold).
- Pour this sauce on your nachos. Your crispy nachos with delicious cheese sauce are ready. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,355.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 336.00Was: INR 450.00
Price: INR 156.00Was: INR 225.00
Price: INR 820.00Was: INR 1,030.00
Price: INR 180.00Was: INR 399.00