Now you don’t need to worry about the leftover rice. This rice pakoda recipe is perfect to turn your leftover rice into an amazing snack. Some basic spices which are commonly used in Indian cooking, which are a part of our ‘Masale ka dabba’ are used in this recipe. Don’t hesitate to boil some rice only to make these pakodas if you don’t have leftover rice 😉
- 2 Cup leftover boiled/ steamed rice
- 6 Tbsp gram flour (besan)
- ½ Tsp ajwain/ carom seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (Til)
- 1 Tsp coriander/ dhaniya powder
- 40 gm Processed cheese cubes
- 1 Tsp red chili powder
- 1 ½ Tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 Tsp turmeric/ haldi powder
- 1 Tsp cumin (jeera)
- 1 Tsp saambar masala powder
- 2 Medium sized onions thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup chopped fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- Take a big bowl and add 2 cups of leftover boiled rice, 6 tbsp besan (gram flour), 1 tbsp sesame seeds (til), 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain), 1 tsp saambar masala powder, 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp cumin (jeera), 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander, 2 medium thinly sliced onions, 2 grated processed cheese blocks, 1 & 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste and some salt to taste.
- Mix everything such that all the ingredients are well combined.
- To fry the pakodas, heat some oil in a frying pan and drop small portions of pakoda mix in the oil.
- Fry these till these become golden in color on a medium to high flame. Toss them in between to ensure even cooking from all sides.
- Once done, shake off the excess oil and take them out on a paper towel.
- Serve these with your choice of chutney or dip. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 378.00Was: INR 520.00
Price: INR 197.00