Kurkuri Bhindi means crispy Okra/Lady’s Fingers is a perfect snack recipe. A little time consuming but the result is worth the wait and patience 🙂
To Make Kurkuri bhindi:
- 500 gm Lady’s finger/ Okra (Bhindi)
- 1/2 cup gram flour (Besan)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 Tsp chaat masala
- 2 Tsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp kitchen king masala
- Some salt to taste
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooking oil for frying
To make the surprise recipe:
- 1 Tsp cumin (Jeera)
- Leftover pulp and seeds from okra
- 4 Medium spicy green chillies
- 1/4 Cup fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- Salt to taste
- Juice from half lemon
To make kurkuri Bhindi:
- Take 500 gm Okra/ Lady’s finger (Bhindi) and chop odd their head and tail. Now cut it in two pieces along the length and remove the core having seeds attached. This should leave you with just the okra skin.
- Cut long and thin strips of approximately 4-5 mm width.
- Add 1/2 cup gram flour (Besan), 1/4 cup rice flour, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chaat masala, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp kitchen king masala and some salt to taste to the Okra. Mix all the dry ingredients well with the okra giving a good coat of dry ingredients over each strip.
- Squeeze juice from half lemon and about 1/2 tsp water. Toss everything well so the dry ingredients stick well with the okra.
- Now fry them in hot oil at high flame till they become crisp. Once done, take them on a paper towel to soak up the extra oil.
To make the secret recipe:
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 tsp cumin followed by leftover pulp and seeds from the okra.
- Fry this till it becomes golden brown on a high flame.
- Add 4 medium spicy green chillies fry for a min and switch off the flame. Let this mixture cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixer grinder jar and add 1/4 cup fresh coriander, 3 tbsp garlic, juice from half lemon and salt to taste. Grind this in a coarse paste and serve it as a chutney. Enjoy!