Khoya or mawa gujiya, is a traditionally made and highly demanded sweet on the occasion of Holi. Follow this recipe make yummy gujiyas and add more colors to this festival.
- 1 Cup khoya/ mawa
- 1/4th Cup sliced almonds, pistachios and cashews
- 2 Drops of kewra or any essence – optional
- 1/4th Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup maida
- 4 Tsp melted ghee
- Oil or ghee for Ffying
To make the stuffing:
- Take 1 cup khoya/mawa (reduced milk) in a pan and roast till it becomes slightly golden brown in color.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios to the khoya and mix them well.
- Once done, take the stuffing out on a plate and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar once the stuffing comes to room temperature. Mix this till everything is well combined.
To make the cover dough:
- Mix 1 cup maida and 4 tsp melted ghee in a bowl.
- Now, knead stiff dough by adding a very little water at a time. Cover this with a damp cloth and keep aside for 5 min.
- After 5 min, knead the dough again for a min by adding 1 tsp melted ghee.
To make the gujiya:
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it in a thin sheet (around 4″ in diameter) using a rolling pin.
- Now, place some stuffing on one side of the sheet and apply some water along the edge. Fold the other half of the sheet and pinch the edges together.
- Make a design along the edge by pinching and folding it.
- Similarly make all the gujiyas and keep them coved with a damp cloth.
- Heat some oil or ghee in a pan and fry the gujiyas on a medium flame till they become golden brown in color.
- Your khoya or mava gujiya are now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,185.00Was: INR 1,580.00
Price: INR 199.00Was: INR 379.00
Price: INR 124.35Was: INR 299.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 190.00Was: INR 399.00