Khoya gujiya using bread is a twist to the traditional Gujiya recipe as it uses bread, yet it tastes absolutely delicious!
- 1 Cup khoya/ mawa
- 1/4th Cup sliced almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts
- 2 Drops of kewra or any essence – optional
- 1/4th Cup powdered sugar
- Around 12 white bread slices
- Oil or ghee for frying
To make the stuffing:
- Take 1 cup khoya/mava (reduced milk) in a pan and roast till it becomes slightly golden brown in color.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios to the khoya and mix them well.
- Once done, take the stuffing out on a plate and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add 2 drops of Kevra essence and 1/4 cup powdered sugar once the stuffing comes to room temperature. Mix this till everything is well combined.
To make the cover:
- Take two slices of fresh and soft bread and cut their sides off.
- Overlap one edge of each bread by applying some water and roll it thin using a rolling pin.
- Take out a roundel (around 4″ diameter) out of the rolled sheet using a cookie cutter or a lid.
- Now, place some stuffing on one side of the sheet and apply some water along the edge. Fold the other half of the sheet and pinch the edges together.
- Make a design along the edge by pinching and folding it.
- Similarly make all the gujiyas and keep them covered with a damp cloth.
- Make a slurry by mixing 1 tbsp water with 2 tbsp water and apply a thin coat on each side of the gujiya.
- Heat some oil or ghee in a pan and fry the gujiyas on a medium flame till they become golden brown in color.
- Your bread gujiyas are now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,190.00Was: INR 1,580.00
Price: INR 259.00Was: INR 529.00
Price: INR 132.00Was: INR 499.00
Price: INR 111.90Was: INR 135.00
Price: INR 378.00Was: INR 520.00
Price: INR 197.00