Checkout this healthy and quick Indian breakfast recipe. You can serve this rava idli hot with any type of chutney or just like that. You can also add your choice of vegetables to the Idli batter.
- 1 Cup curd
- 1-2 finely chopped green chilies
- Some cooking oil
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 Tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Cups fine rava (sooji)
- Some chopped fresh coriander
- 5-6 Curry leaves (break into small pieces)
- Salt to taste
- Some water to make the batter
- In a bowl, take 2 cup fine rava/sooji (semolina) and add 1 cup curd. Make a tick batter by adding little water at a time. Let it sit for 10-15 min so that sooji soaks as much water as it can.
- Meanwhile, grease the idli mold with some oil and bring some water to a boil in a utensil or idli steamer.
- Now, add some water to the batter to get the semi thick consistency followed by some salt to taste, 1-2 finely chopped green chilies, 1 tsp grated ginger, 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots, 5-6 curry leaves broken in small pieces, some chopped fresh coriander and mix everything well.
- Add 1 tsp baking soda to the batter and mix it well in one direction. Make sure that mold is greased and water is boiling in the steamer when you add the soda.
- Add small portion of batter in mold cavity and steam it for first 5 min on high flame and on medium flame for next 10 min.
- Once cooked, let them sit for 5 min. Take them out from the mold using a spoon. Serve these with your choice of chutney. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar products on Amazon.in
Products from Amazon.in‹ ›
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 725.00Was: INR 825.00
Price: INR 250.00
Price: INR 398.00Was: INR 699.00