Dosa is one of the very popular South Indian breakfast recipes. Dosa batter normally needs fermentation but this recipe shows a quick way to make rava dosa which does not need fermentation. This dosa can be eaten with chuntey or sambar.
- Some cooking oil
- 1 Cup rava (sooji)
- 1 Cup rice flour
- A lot of water
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Finely chopped green chillies
- 7-8 Curry leaves broken into small pieces
- 1 Tsp ginger paste
- Some chopped fresh coriander (around 3/4 cup)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp curd
- Take a big bowl and add 1 cup rava/sooji (semolina), 1 cup rice flour, 7-8 curry leaves broken in small pieces, 1 tsp ginger paste, 2-3 finely chopped green chillies, 2 tbsp curd, around 3/4 cup chopped coriander and juice from 1/2 lemon. Give everything a good mix.
- Add little water at a time and mix everything well. Keep repeating this till you get a batter of thin consistency like buttermilk.
- Add some salt as per your taste and mix it well.
- Heat a tawa(skillet) and pour some oil. Stir the dosa batter and pour some on the hot tawa. Make sure the flame is high while making the dosa. Tip: Stir the batter very well every time you make this dosa because the sooji tends to settle at the bottom.
- Cook this till it dries up and starts to come off from the sides.
- Take it out of the tawa once done and serve hot with your choice of chutney and sambar. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware: