Chakli is a crispy snack which is made is different ways. This snack is mostly prepared during Diwali in India but you can make it any time! This is a quick and easy butter chakli recipe which comes out nice and crunchy and tastes amazing. You can eat eat it just like that or with tea!
- 1 Cup fine sooji (rava)
- 2 Cups rice flour (chawal ka aata)
- 1 Tsp cumin (jeera)
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 Tsp red chili powder
- 1 Tsp crushed black powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp butter
- Cooking oil for frying
- 2 Cups + some more water
To make the dough:
- Bring 2 cup water to a boil in a pan and add 2 tsp butter followed by some salt to taste. Mix and let the butter melt in the water.
- Add 1 cup rava/sooji (semolina) and immediately stir and cook for 2-3 min till it soaks all the water and looks like upma or halwa.
- Take the sooji mix in a bowl and add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and 1 tsp cumin. Mix everything well.
- Now, add 2 cup rice flour and knead this into a medium soft dough by adding some water.
To make the chakli:
- Take a small portion of the dough and fill it in the chakli machine and start making some chaklis on a butter paper or greased plate.
- Drop these chaklis in hot oil and fry them on a high flame till the become golden in color.
- Your instant & crispy butter chakli or murukku is now ready. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,190.00Was: INR 1,580.00
Price: INR 259.00Was: INR 529.00
Price: INR 378.00Was: INR 520.00
Price: INR 197.00
Price: INR 519.00Was: INR 598.00