Green chicken is an easy and delicious chicken recipe. The coriander and mint leaves used in this recipe give this recipe its name, ‘green or hara’ chicken. You can serve this chicken with roti or naan. Enjoy!
- 500 gm chicken
- 2 Medium sized sliced onions
- 3 Tbsp curd
- 1 Cup fresh coriander
- 1 Cup mint (pudina) leaves
- 3-4 Green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 Inch ginger
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Tsp garam masala
- 1/2 Tsp roasted cumin (jeera) powder
- 1 Medium sized bay leaf
- 1 Small black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- To make the green paste, blend 1 inch ginger, 1 tbsp garlic, 3-4 green chillies, 1 cup fresh coriander and 1 cup mint (pudina) leaves by adding a little quantity of water. Keep this aside.
- Heat a pan and add 3 tbsp oil followed by 2 tbsp butter. You may reduce the oil and butter if you want.
- Fry 2 medium sized thinly sliced onions till they become slightly pink in color. Add a bayleaf and 1 black cardamom while frying the onions.
- In goes, 500 gm chicken. Mix it well on a medium flame and cook for a min.
- Add 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper, 3 tbsp curd and mix everything well.
- Add the green puree and some salt to taste. You can add a little water if required at this stage. Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, crush 1 tbsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and add it to the chicken. Cover and cook for another minute then switch off the flame.
- Serve this chicken hot with roti, naan or bread of your choice. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in