Checkout this quick and easy recipe of fresh tuvar falli chaat. Unlike traditional chaat recipes, this uses boiled lentil beans which are healthy and tasty!
- 250 gm Tuvar falli/ lentil beans
- 1 Small onion – chopped
- ½ Tsp chaat masala
- 1 Small tomato – chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ Tsp red chili powder
- 1 Small potato – diced
- ¼ Tsp sendha namak/ rock salt
- ¼ Tsp jeera powder
- Some chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- We need 250 gm fresh tuvar falli (lentil beans). Boil these beans in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles by adding some water and salt. Deseed them once they cool to room temperature.
- To the tuvar beans, add 1 small finely chopped onion, 1 small finely chopped tomato, 1 small boiled diced potato, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, some salt to taste, 1/4 tsp rock salt and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Mix everything well by adding some chopped green coriander.
- Tuvar bean chat is now ready. Enjoy!