Now make super moist and tasty eggless vanilla sponge cake at home using pressure cooker. Measure the ingredients well and follow the instructions well as shown in the video and you will get the perfect result! Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ Cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- ¼ Cup cornflour
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- ¾ Cup + 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ Cup milk powder
- 1 Cup warm milk
- ¼ Cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ Tsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- Take a big pressure cooker and spread an even layer of salt on the cooker base. Place a steel ring or a stand and heat it on low to medium flame for 10 min. Please make sure to close the lid properly and remove the whistle while preheating the setup.
To make cake batter:
- Take a bowl and add 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature to it. Beat this for a min using a whisk.
- Add 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp icing sugar to the butter. Alternatively, you can use finely powdered sugar in place of icing sugar. Beat this for 2-3 min till it becomes light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, take 1/2 cup milk powder and add 1 cup warm milk to it. Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Add the milk powder liquid to the butter-sugar mix and gently mix it. Do not beat it.
- Add 1 & 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup cornflour, 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp baking soda to the batter. Gently fold all the ingredients with the batter.
- Just before baking, add 1 tsp vinegar and lightly fold using a spatula.
- Pour the batter in a mold lined with butter paper and place the mold in the preheated pressure cooker. Bake this cake for 50-55 min; for first 30 min, the flame should be medium to low and for remaining duration it should be low.
- Check the cake by inserting a skewer, it should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool down to room temperature before serving or frosting. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in