Super moist and chocolaty cake is guaranteed! Try this eggless chocolate sponge cake recipe for a light and chocolaty cake base which you could use for any type of cake decoration.
- 2/3 Cup water
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp cake gel
- 4 Tbsp cake concentrate
- 1 Cup maida/ all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- Add 2/3 cup water in a bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar. Mix this well.
- Now add 1 tsp cake gel to the water and beat this until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add 4 tbsp cake concentrate. Mix it gently and the beat it for 1-2 min till fluffy.
- Now, add 1 cup plain flour and mix it with batter using the electric beater.
- In a small bowl, take 5 tbsp dark cocoa powder and add 1/8 cup vegetable oil to it. Give it a good mix and add it to the cake batter followed by 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Gently fold everything using a spatula.
- Take a cake mold and line its base and inner wall with butter paper. Pour the cake batter in the mold and place it in oven (preheated for 10 min at 175 °C).
- Bake this cake for 30-35 min at 175 °C and let this cool before taking out of mold.
- You can frost this cake or serve this cake with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in