In this recipe you will see how to make this delicious choco lava cake in pressure cooker in homemade aluminium foil molds. I have explained the baking instructions in very detail at the beginning of the video and at the time of baking as well. Baking is a very crucial part of this recipe. If you overcook this cake, you will not get any lava at the center of the cake.
Follow this recipe carefully to get this perfect, chocolaty dessert and you will be amazed with the result.
- 2 Tsp butter at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder (Using dutch processed cocoa powder)
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 2 Dairy milk 52 gm pack (total 104 gm)
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
To make the molds:
- Take a tapering glass and place an aluminium sheet folded 4 times over the bottom of the inverted glass.
- Pinch and fold the corners of the foil to give it shape of the glass. Height of these moulds should be around 3-3.5 inch
- Fold the top edge of the mould so that it gets added stiffness.
To setup pressure cooker oven:
- Pour some salt or sand in a pressure cooker and spread it evenly on the bottom.
- Place the cooker plate or any other stand on the salt or sand layer over which the moulds will be placed.
- Close the lid and pre-heat the oven for 10 min on medium to high flame. Do not not use pressure cooker whistle.
- If you are making this in an electric oven, then pre-heat it at 185°C for 10 min.
To make the batter:
- Add 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida), 4 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp baking powder to a sieve. Sift all the ingredients well to remove lumps.
- Now, add 3/4 cup milk for now and mix the batter.
- Break 2 Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bars (52 gm each) in a double boiler. Keep stirring till it melts.
- Add 2 tsp butter (should e at room temperature) to the chocolate and mix it well.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the batter and give it a good mix.
- Now, add the remaining milk to the batter and mix.
- Grease the homemade aluminium foils with some oil and fill them 3/4 with this batter. Tap to remove any air bubbles.
To bake the cake:
- Place the moulds in the pre-heated pressure cooker and bake for 10-12 min on flame between medium to high.
- Once done you’ll see the cake is done from the top but if you shake the pressure cooker a little the centre of the cake will jiggle a bit. This is how you will get to know that the cake is done.
- Take out the cake, let it stand for 2-3 mins and then demold.
- Cut the cake and dig in the lava oozing out from it. Enjoy
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Products from Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,355.00
Champak Stainless Steel Juice Soup Strainer S5 XLarge Liquid Filter 18.5 cm Diameter, 1 Piece, SilverPrice: INR 320.00Was: INR 640.00