Burfi is a very common sweet available in different varieties and mostly eaten during festivals in India. This recipe shows a quick and easy way to make Malai Burfi at home. With a very few ingredients, now you can make this delicious and hygienic sweet!
- 400 gm fresh malai paneer (cottage cheese)
- 300 gm condensed milk
- Some sliced dry fruits (for garnishing)
- 1 Tsp ghee + some more to grease the mold
- 1/2 cup full fat milk
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk powder
- Grate 400 gm malai paneer/cottage cheese using the smallest side of the grater.
- Boil 1/2 cup full fat milk in a pan, add 1/4 cup sugar and let it dissolve.
- Add 300 ml condensed milk and mix it well.
- Now, add 400 gm grated paneer and mix it well with other ingredients. Cook this on medium to high flame till it thickens.
- Once it thickens a bit, add 1/2 cup milk powder little at a time and mix it well every time you add it. Cook this mixture till it separates from the sides.
- Transfer this in to a greased mold and let it sit for at least 2-3 hours.
- Cut it in equal squares once it is set and serve fresh. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in