If you are looking for an quick and easy chicken curry recipe, this one’s perfect for you. The ingredients are simple and easily available and so is the preparation. Turns out delicious! For me, this chicken curry with rice is perfect comfort food. Give this recipe a try and Enjoy!
- 4 Finely chopped medium sized onions
- 500 gm chicken
- 3 Finely chopped medium sized tomatoes
- 1 & 1/2 Cup water
- 3-4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Medium sized bay leaf & small black cardamom
- 1 Tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp ginger garlic (grated or paste)
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder (using Kashmiri red chilli powder)
- 1 Tsp cumin (jeera)
- Some chopped fresh coriander
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp chicken masala (using Everest brand here)
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Some salt to taste
- Heat 3/4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add 1 medium sized bay leaf, 1 black cardamom (badi elaichi) and 1 tsp cumin (jeera).
- Add 4 medium sized finely chopped onions and sauté till they become light golden in color.
- Then add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 1/4 tsp turmeric. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add 3 medium sized finely chopped tomatoes followed by 1 & 1/2 tsp red chilli powder. Cover and cook for 2 min.
- Mash the tomatoes using back of your spoon and add 500 gm chicken and salt to taste. Mix well, cover and cook for 5 min on low flame.
- Now add 1 & 1/2 tsp chicken masala, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 & 1/2 cup water.
- Mix everything well and place the cooker’s lid. Cook this for 2 whistles on medium flame. Once done, switch off the flame and let the pressure release and the open the cooker.
- Finally, garnish it with some chopped fresh coriander and enjoy it with bread of your choice.
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,699.00Was: INR 1,999.00