Make this Beautiful Doll Cake using whipped cream at home by following step by step instructions!
- 3 Sponge cakes (6 inch each)
- Simple sugar syrup made by mixing ½ cup water and 4 Tbsp Sugar
- Butter Cream made by whipping together 2 Cup Icing Sugar, ½ Cup Unsalted Butter and 2 Tbsp Milk
- Whipped Cream made from ½ litre of Whipping Cream
- Sky Blue Liquid/ Gel Food Color
- Piping Bags
- Piping Nozzles No. 336, 104 and 14
- Silver Pearls/ Dragees
To make the cake base:
- Place a cake board on the turn table and add some butter cream at the center of it. Make the butter cream by mixing 2 cup icing sugar, 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 2-3 tbsp milk.
- Place the first cake on the board, sprinkle some simple syrup (made by mixing 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp sugar and few drops of vanilla essence) and add a layer of butter cream.
- Place second cake and repeat the same process.
- Now, place the third cake and sprinkle some simple syrup over it. Insert 4 plastic straws through all three cakes to make it stable.
- Trim the cake stack to give it the shape of dolls frock. Alternatively, you can use the cake mould that comes in the required shape.
- Now, cover the entire cake with a layer of butter cream and insert the doll in the cake. Keep it in refrigerator for 20 min.
To make shades of whipping cream:
- Meanwhile, whip 1/2 litre whipping cream and divide it in 4 parts. Add varying amount of blue color (or any color of your choice) in three parts to get three different shades.
To decorate the cake:
- Take the cake out and apply some white whipped cream on the cake and smooth it out using a scraper.
- Fill a piping bag with intermediate blue whipped cream and with nozzle no. 104. Start making ruffles at the bottom edge of the cake with little forward and backward motion. Make two layers of ruffles to get the frill effect.
- Now, start creating flowers above frills using tip no. 336 and darker shade of blue. Make two layers with dark blue shade whipped cream.
- Shift to intermediate blue shade and make a layer in the same fashion.
- Now, fill the piping bag with lightest blue shade whipped cream and make another two layers with the same tip.
- Fill the same piping bag (which had the lightest blue cream) with white cream and make some small flower above the previous layer till you reach the body of the doll.
- Pipe two ruffles layers with tip no. 104 where the frock meets the doll.
- Pipe small stars on bodice using tip no. 14 and intermediate blue shade of whipped cream to create desired design.
- Place some silver pearls on each flower to finish the cake.
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 990.00Was: INR 1,499.00
Price: INR 117.50Was: INR 399.00
Price: INR 130.00Was: INR 300.00
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 5,899.00Was: INR 7,395.00