Deviled Potatoes, Egg or Potato? Potato or egg? Well, this is a vegetarian version of deviled eggs. Though it doesn’t taste like eggs, it is an amazing snack or appetizer! The stuffing made of onions and gram flour is the hero of this dish! Now, enjoy making eggless eggs at home 😉
- 6-7 Small sized potatoes
- 2 Medium sized onions – thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ Tsp cumin (jeera)
- ¼ Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 4 Tsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- Some water
To make the stuffing:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add 1/4 tsp cumin followed by 1 tsp crushed garlic. Sauté this till garlic becomes golden in color.
- Add 2 medium sized thinly sliced onions and fry them till they become light brown in color.
- Add 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp red chili powder. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add 3 tbsp gram flour (besan) and roast it till the raw smell of gram flour goes off.
- Add salt to taste and 1 tsp water and cook it for a min.
- Once done, let the stuffing cool to room temperature.
To make the deviled potatoes:
- Take 6-7 small sized potatoes and slice it in two parts vertically.
- Scoop out a hemisphere from one end of the potato using a fruit scoop. Repeat this step for all the potatoes.
- Place the potato pieces on a clean cotton cloth or a paper towel and sprinkle some salt over it. Flip all the pieces and again sprinkle some salt over it.
- Now, put the stuffing inside the scooped cavity in each potato piece.
- Heat around 2 tsp oil in a pan and place the stuffed potatoes in it.
- Pour some water, cover the lid and cook the potatoes. Repeat this step till potatoes are done.
- Your deviled potatoes are now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,190.00Was: INR 1,580.00
Price: INR 259.00Was: INR 529.00
Price: INR 1,110.00Was: INR 1,420.00