Cream of Spinach Soup is a nutrient rich and delicious way of including Palak (Spinach leaves) in diet as the primary ingredient for this soup is Spinach leaves. Try this recipe to make a yummy yet healthy soup at home. You can also checkout our Soups section for more recipes.
- 300 gm Spinach (Palak)
- 1 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Medium sized bay leaf (Tej patta)
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Some water
- Bring some water to a boil and blanch 300 gm spinach for 2 min in the boiling water.
- Immediately transfer spinach to a bowl having cold water. Keep them in cold water for 2 min and transfer them in a mixer jar. This would help retain fresh green color of the spinach.
- Add 1 tsp ginger and grind the spinach to a smooth purée.
- In a sauce pan melt 1 tbsp butter and add 1 medium sized bay leaf, 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach puree to the pan. Add 1/4 cup water to the mixer jar used to make the puree, mix well and add it to the sauce pan.
- After cooking the soup for 2 min, add 1/4 cup milk, mix well and cook for a min.
- In goes, 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper, some salt to taste and 2 tbsp fresh cream and mix it well.
- Serve the soup piping hot topped with some swirls of fresh cream. Enjoy!