Chili Paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe eaten as an appetizer or main course. Now you can also make this restaurant style chili paneer at home with ease by following this recipe. Enjoy!
For Frying Paneer:
- 250 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
- 3 Tbsp cornflour
- ¼ Tsp crushed black pepper
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
- Some oil
- Some water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Medium sized capsicum cut into big squares
- 1 Big onion – cut into big pieces & separated
- 1/4 Cup chopped spring onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic & 2 small slit green chilies
- 1/4 Tsp ajinomoto (OPTIONAL)
- 1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tsp honey
- 4 Kasmiri red chilies soaked in water & 1 inch ginger
- 1 Tbsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tsp crushed black pepper
- Some lemon juice
- Some cooking oil
- Salt to taste
To Fry Paneer:
- In a bowl, take 5 tbsp all purpose flour (maida), 3 tbsp cornflour, 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper and some salt to taste. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Add some water and make a paste of medium consistency. It should be thick enough to form a coat around paneer pieces.
- Take 250 gm paneer diced in big size pieces. Drop them one by one in the batter and give it a good coat.
- Gently slide the coated paneer pieces in medium hot oil and fry them till they become golden brown.
- Once done, take them out on a paper towel. Similarly fry remaining paneer pieces and keep them aside.
To Make Sauce:
- Take 4 Kashmiri red chilies soaked in water for around 5-10 min and 1 inch of ginger. Grind this in a fine paste using a blender.
- In a wok or kadhai, heat 2 tsp cooking oil and add 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 2 small slit green chilies and sauté for a min.
- Add the chili and ginger paste to the oil. Stir it and cook until oil separates from sides of the pan. Once done, take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same wok, heat 1 tsp cooking oil and add 1 big onion cut in to big pieces. Stir fry these on a high flame till they caramelize a little.
- Add 2 medium size capsicums cut in big pieces and stir fry them. Make sure you do not overcook them.
- Add the chili paste that was kept aside, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper to the wok. Give it a stir on high flame.
- Add 1/4 tsp ajinomoto. You can skip this if you want yo avoid the use of ajinomoto.
- Add some lemon juice, 1 tsp soy sauce and some water. Mix everything well.
- Add the slurry of 1 tbsp cornflour and 2 tbsp water followed by some salt to taste.
- Keep stirring the mixture till it becomes glossy and thick.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped spring onion (green portion) followed by the fried paneer pieces.
- Give everything a good mix so that each piece of paneer gets a good coat of the sauce.
- Your gorgeously red and glossy chili paneer is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in
Cookware & Tableware:
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 520.00
Price: INR 190.00Was: INR 399.00
Price: INR 1,279.00Was: INR 1,300.00