Loaded with chicken keema, this pizza is a treat for all the chicken lovers. The base is made with whole wheat flour which makes this healthy as well. To make this Chicken Keema Pizza in electric oven, pre-heat it at 245 or 250 degree Celsius for 15 mins and bake the pizza at temperature for 15 mins. Enjoy!
For Chicken Keema:
- 250 gm Chicken keema
- 3 Big tomatoes – chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 Big onions – chopped
- 2 Small green chilies
- 2 Tbsp coriander powder
- ½ Tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 2 Tsp red chili powder
- ¼ Tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 Tsp garam masala
- ½ Tsp black pepper powder
- A little bit of grated Nutmeg powder
- ½ Tsp Chaat masala
- 1 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 6 Tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
For Pizza Base/ Crust:
- 2 ½ Cup Wheat flour
- 2 Tsp active dry yeast
- 1 ½ Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- ½ Cup water + more for kneading
- 1 Tsp Oil
- Water for kneading
- Salt to taste
- 150 gm Mozzarella cheese
- 40 gm Grated processed cheese
To make the dough:
- Take 1/2 cup warm water in a bowl and mix 1 ½ tsp sugar with it.
- Add 2 tsp active dry yeast to the water-sugar mix and give a gentle mix. Cover and keep aside for 10-15 min.
- After 10-15 min, the yeast should froth up. If it doesn’t, then do not use it.
- Now, take 2 ½ cup whole wheat flour in a bowl and add 1 tsp oregano followed by some salt to taste. Give it a mix.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and knead a sticky dough by adding some water.
- Knead this dough for 15 min by stretching and pulling it. After 15 min, apply 1 tsp oil to the dough and make ball. Cover and let the dough rest for an hour. It normally doubles in size after resting for one hour.
To make the chicken keema:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add 3 big onions thinly sliced. Sauté till onions become dark brown in color.
- Once done, take them out of the pan and cool them. Grind them to a smooth paste by adding a little water.
- Now, heat 3 tbsp oil In the same pan and add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste followed by 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Sauté this for a few seconds.
- Add 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder, 2 tsp red chili powder and sauté for a min or so.
- Now add 2 small slit green chilies and 2 big chopped tomatoes followed by the onion paste. Mix everything well by adding some water.
- Add 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp chaat masala and 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper. Cover and cook till masala is cooked well.
- Once done, add 400 gm chicken mince (keema), 1 tsp tomato sauce and some salt to taste. Cover and cook till chicken is cooked well.
- Take it out of the pan and let it cool down.
- Take a large utensil and cover its base with an even layer of regular salt.
- Place a ring over which the pizza tray will be placed.
- Cover it and let it heat for 15 min.
To make the pizza:
- Take the risen dough and deflate it. Spread some wheat flour on the table top and knead this dough for few seconds. Cover and let it rest for 10 min.
- Roll this dough thin or thick as per your taste to fit in your pizza tray.
- Place it in the pizza tray and apply some oil around the edge.
- Add some chicken keema over the base. Top it up with 40 gm grated processed cheese and 150 gm grated mozzarella cheese or as per your taste.
- Add another layer of chicken keema and followed by some grated processed cheese.
- Place the tray in the oven setup and bake it for 10-15 min on high flame.
- To bake it in an oven, preheat it at 245°C for 15 min and bake for 15 min at same temperature.
- Cut the pizza in 6-8 pieces and sprinkle some oregano and chili flakes as per your taste. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in