Bread Upma is an easy breakfast recipe which takes very less time and turns out very tasty! This can be made with leftover bread or you can buy a packet of bread just to make this upma 😉
- 4 Slices of white bread
- 1 Medium sized finely chopped onion
- 1 Medium sized finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 Tsp red chili powder
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 Tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 Tsp mustard seeds (raai)
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 Curry leaves & 2 geen chillies (or as per taste)
- Some chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Tsp cooking oil
- Cut 4 slices of white/brown bread into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Heat 2 tsp cooking oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds followed by 8-10 curry leaves and 2 green chillies. Sauté these for few seconds on medium flame.
- Now, add 1 finely chopped medium sized onion and sauté till onions become light golden in color.
- In goes, 1 tbsp chopped garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and cook it till the raw smell of turmeric is gone.
- Add 1 finely chopped medium sized tomato, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp chaat masala and 1 tsp pav bhaji masala. Mix everything well and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now, add 1/4 cup green peas, salt to taste and some water. Cover and cook till peas are cooked.
- Add bread pieces to the masala once peas are cooked followed by some chopped green coriander.
- Mix this well (on medium to high flame) such that each bread piece gets a good coat of masala.
- Finally garnish it with some chopped fresh coriander and serve right away. Enjoy!