Besan Laddu is one of the popular Indian sweets made of ghee, sugar and besan (gram flour). There are some variations of these laddus as per the recipe. This video describes an easy way to make this delectable sweet at home!
- 2 ½ Cups of powdered sugar
- 1 Cup gram flour (besan) + 3 Cups gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 Cup sliced dry fruits ( cashew nuts, pistachios & almond)
- 1 Cup clarified butter (ghee)
- Heat a pan and dry roast 1 cup besan (gram flour) on low to medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Once done, take it out in a plate and let it come to room temperature.
- Now in the same pan heat 1 cup clarified butter (ghee) and add 3 cup gram flour to it. Mix it well and roast it on medium flame till it becomes little brown in color.
- Once done, add 1/4 cup sliced dry fruits (cashews, almond and pistachios). Mix it well and roast for 2-3 min.
- Take the mix out of the pan and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the dry roasted besan by sifting to this besan roasted in ghee. Mix this together.
- Now, add 2 ½ cup powdered sugar to this the besan and mix until everything is well combined.
- Take a small portion of the mix and roll it in the shape of laddu using your palm.
- Similarly make all the laddus and garnish them with some chopped dry fruits. Enjoy!
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar
products on Amazon.in